Exporting people seeking asylum – Rwanda

There will be further protests about removals to Rwanda:

Care4Calais: #StopRwanda https://care4calais.org/stop-rwanda/


Updated 12 August 2022: Demonstration on 10 September 2022 in London organised by The Congolese support Group, Apareco and others Congolese groups in the UK


Updated 30 July 2022: DEMONSTRATE! Monday 5 September 2022 9am to 5pm STOP RWANDA FLIGHTS! NO OFFSHORE DETENTION scrap the Nationality and Borders Act #Rwanda

Monday 5 September 9am to 5pm, Outside the Royal Courts of Justice, Strand, London WC2A 2LL

Join this urgent protest !! Now on 5 September due to postponement of court hearing date!! following the Care4Calais & PCS Union’s legal challenge, the case will go to court again for a hearing to decide whether the Rwanda policy itself is lawful.

The legal challenge, and the protests that have taken place late last month week were so important in stopping the horror of refugees being sent to Rwanda on the government’s first scheduled flight.

This demonstration is called jointly by the TUC, Care4Calais, Stand Up To Racism and supported by unions including PCS, Unison, Unite, NEU, GMB, CWU, FBU, NASUWT, ASLEF, UCU and BFAWU, as well as Refugee Council, Citizenship Coalition, Amnesty, StatusNow4All.

Continue reading “Exporting people seeking asylum – Rwanda”

Concerns about the use of army barracks, hotels, housing

This post is being updated with reports of atrocities around the army camp accommodation and hotels, and other Home Office housing

For information about Detention Centres – IRCs – Hassockfield/Derwentside please see here: https://statusnow4all.org/detention-centres-ircs/

For information about off-shoring/exporting people seeking asylum/Rwanda please see here: https://statusnow4all.org/exporting-people-seeking-asylum-rwanda/:


Updated 10 August 2022: Morning Star: Home office forced to drop plans to move asylum-seekers to RAF base

BEN WALLACE has declared that he has “withdrawn” permission for the Home Office to dump asylum-seekers at a disused RAF base in North Yorkshire.

Plans to accommodate 1,500 men near the remote village of Linton on Ouse now look to be dead in the water after the Defence Secretary told reporters in Huddersfield today that he had told the Home Office “months ago” that the RAF base was no longer available.

“I have obligations to do something else with that site, and you know there are other sites we made available to the Home Office if it wishes to take it up,” he said.

The decision marks another blow to Home Secretary Priti Patel’s plans to expand the use of ex-military barracks to accommodate asylum-seekers.

Continue reading “Concerns about the use of army barracks, hotels, housing”